EFWeek collects data about visitors, subscribers and clients to https://www.freelancersweek.org// and our social media accounts on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
You have defined rights that you can use to control your privacy. EFWeek respects those rights. We want to help you exercise your rights, you will find details below on how to do so.
“Applicable Data Privacy Laws” means data protection laws and regulations implementing the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and as of 25 May 2018 the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of Personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (the “GDPR“).
“Personal data” is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
The European Coworking Assembly is a Dutch foundation registered with the DeKamer van Koophandel Netherlands under the name Stichting European Coworking Assembly, number 73105058 with its address at: Zandheuvel 52 B, 4901HW, Oosterhout, the Netherlands.
Account Name: Stichting European Coworking Assembly
Bank Name: Bunq Bank
VAT number: NL859356711B01
We hate spam and you won’t get any.
3. The source of Personal data
EFWeek collects Personal data directly from you when you are using our websites and social media accounts.
Please see Cookies policy here: https://www.freelancersweek.org/cookie-policy/
5. Why do we collect and process your Personal data in general
5.1. Provide you with information
- We collect your personal data and other information when you Contact Us, or otherwise interact with us. Also when you visit our websites and social media accounts we may collect and process your Personal data in order to identify if you could be a potential client or business opportunity. Personal data processed for these purposes mainly include:
- Email address
- Company/organization name
- Language used
- Your message to us The legal basis for the above processing of your Personal data is that the processing is necessary in order to fulfil our legitimate interest to provide you with information you have requested, article 6.1 f) GDPR.
5.2. Communication with you
- Our websites and some of our social media accounts provide functionality for the visitor to communicate with us e.g. to ask questions, provide comments and give feedback regarding our services and business. Were you use such functionality (for example, online chat). EFWeek processes your Personal data for the purposes of answering your questions, communicate and handle feedback from you. Personal data processed for these purposes mainly include:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Feedback and comments made by you The legal basis for the above processing of your Personal data is that the processing is necessary in order to fulfil our legitimate interest to answer questions and handle feedback from you, article 6.1 f) GDPR.
5.3. Establish, exercise and defend legal claims
EFWeek may process your Personal data for the purposes of establishing, exercising and
defending legal claims e.g. in the unlikely event of a dispute.
Personal data processed for these purposes mainly include:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Other information as necessary for the purpose The legal basis for the above processing of your Personal data is that the processing is necessary in order to fulfill our legitimate interest to establish, exercise and defend legal claims, article 6.1 f) GDPR.
6. Length of time that we keep your Personal data for
- (i) as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you (either as an individual or in your capacity as employed by one of our corporate clients, suppliers or co-operations partners);
- (ii) as required by legal obligations to which EFWeek is subject (such as tax and accounting obligations); and
- (iii) as advisable in light of our legal position (such as applicable statutes of limitations).
7. Disclosure and transfer of Personal data
EFWeek may disclose Personal data processed to other companies within the Group in accordance with Intra Group Data Transfer Agreement.
Data processors acting on behalf of EFWeek
Moreover, EFWeek may disclose Personal data to external parties, such as vendors and service providers processing Personal data on behalf of and under the instructions of EFWeek.
Appropriate Safeguards to countries outside the EU/EEA-area
Where EFWeek transfers Personal data outside the EU/EEA, EFWeek will ensure that Standard Contractual Clauses have been entered into between the transferring EFWeek entity and the receiving external party.
Alternatively, other safeguards will be put in place prior to such transfers. You are under Applicable Data Privacy Law upon request entitled receive a copy of any documentation demonstrating that appropriate safeguards have been taken in order to protect your Personal data during a transfer outside the EU/EEA.
We will ensure that the access to your data is accurately secured by applying appropriate safeguards, depending on the circumstances taking into account the state of the art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing as well as the risk. In support of this commitment, we have implemented appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures to protect your Personal data against: unauthorized or accidental destruction, alteration or disclosure; misuse; damage; theft or accidental loss; or unauthorized access.
9. Your rights
In relation to our processing of your Personal data you have, under certain circumstances, the right to exercise the following main categories rights:
You may request confirmation whether or not Personal data is processed and, if that is the case, access to your Personal data and additional information such as the purposes of the processing. You are also entitled to receive a copy of the Personal data undergoing processing. If the request is made by electronic means the information will be provided in a commonly used electronic format if you do not request otherwise.
Object to certain processing
You may object to the processing of your Personal data on the basis of a legitimate interest, on grounds relating to your particular situation and to the processing for direct marketing purposes.
You have at any time the right to have inaccurate Personal data rectified, as well as, taking into account the purposes of the processing, the right to have incomplete Personal data completed.
You may have your Personal data erased under certain circumstances such as when your Personal Data it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected.
Restriction of processing
You may ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal data to only comprise storage of your Personal Data under certain circumstances, such as when the processing is unlawful, but you do not wish your Personal Data erased.
Withdrawal of consent
You have the right to at any time withdraw your consent to processing of Personal data to the extent the processing is based on your consent.
You may ask to receive a machine-readable copy of Personal data processed and ask for the information to be transferred to another data controller (where possible). This only refers to such Personal data processed on the basis of your consent or on the basis that the processing is necessary in order to perform an agreement with you and only to the extent the Personal data have been provided to EFWeek by you (data portability).
Complaints to the supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge complaints pertaining to the processing of your Personal data to the relevant data protection supervisory authority.
11. Contact information
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the processing of your Personal data or wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact us.
European Coworking Assembly: Zandheuvel 52 B, 4901HW, Oosterhout, the Netherlands.